Chermaine is an Associate at the firm and specialises in disputes resolution which primarily includes commercial litigation and family disputes.
Chermaine’s experience includes:-
• Representing a management corporation in a dispute involving claims relating to defects in a development against a developer and architect;
• Acted for a creditor in an application to be substituted as the plaintiff in a company’s winding up action reported in Prospaq Group Pte Ltd v Yong Xing Construction Pte Ltd  SGHC 27; which subsequently included resisting an application for an interim stay of the winding up order in the Court of Appeal;
• Acted for a main contractor in successfully defending against a claim lodged by its sub-contractor under the Building and Construction Industry Security for Payment Act (Cap 30B);
• Acted for a defendant-executrix in a contentious probate action involving issues of testamentary capacity and the circumstances surrounding the execution of a Will;
• Acted for a defendant-husband in contested ancillary matters proceedings involving the division of numerous assets in Singapore and abroad.
In addition to disputes resolution, Chermaine also advises on estate planning and have conducted seminars and talks on the same.